We are TOR Chimney, a chimney and fireplace service company based in the Ambler PA area. We are fireplace Ambler PA experts, experienced in chimney and fireplace cleanings, repairs, cosmetic additions, installations and more. TOR Chimney & Fireplace is a family company, devoted to making our community the best that it can be. Our wide range of services has been the cornerstone of our success over the last 16 years, and gives us a more complete scope for the details of every job.
The holiday season is in full swing, and chimneys all over PA are sparking up again. As families come home for the festivities and gather around the fire, it’s good to know that your chimney and fireplace are well-maintained. Cleaning out your ashes regularly is a great idea, but is there anything useful you can do with them instead of throwing them in the trash?
Uses for Fireplace Ashes
The answer is yes! There are several clever everyday uses for fireplace ashes that you might consider this holiday season.
- Melting ice. Ashes melt ice without damaging the soil or pavement underneath.
- Purging skunk smell from fur. Rubbing some ash on your skunky cat or dog can eliminate the odor.
- Enhancing compost. Lace a few ashes into your compost before applying it to soil to increase its effectiveness.
- Hide driveway stains. Scuff ash into your pavement to hide stains of lighter color.
- Clean your fireplace door. Applying ash to your sponge will allow you to easily scrub sooty residue off your glass door.
For more handy fireplace ideas, check out our blog post on how to properly store your firewood.
Fireplace Ambler PA Service
If you have any chimney or fireplace needs this season, remember TOR Chimney. Whether it’s routine maintenance or a specific issue, contact us today to schedule a consultation. We’d love to talk with you in person and identify your needs.
Chimney Repair Lansdale PA Experts
Hi there! We are TOR Chimney, trusted providers of chimney repair Lansdale PA. We are a small family business with a big vision, and we are committed to providing quality service to the homes of our community. TOR Chimney technicians are trained specialists in all areas of chimney and fireplace maintenance. Our expertise includes inspections, cleaning, repairs, installs and more. We’re the premiere chimney professionals in the Lansdale PA area, and loyal friends to our neighbors and patrons.
As the holiday season rolls around and families come home to gather around the fireplace, there’s no better time to think about the safety and maintenance of your chimney. Everyone gets their chimney cleaned once a year, but it’s always a good idea to keep your chimney well-maintained.
Tips for Maintaining Your Chimney
- Burn hot fires. Keeping your fires well stoked while they burn is a good way to reduce creosote & chemical buildup in your chimney. Hot, blazing fires will burn more cleanly and emit fewer chemicals.
- Sweep out your ashes. Sweep out your fireplace frequently to prevent large piles of old ash and dust. This will provide for cleaner fires and an overall better chimney experience.
- Inspect your chimney for obvious faults and damage. Look at your brick lining from the outside to see if any cracks, loose bricks, or discoloring has occurred. Any one of these would be hazardous, and warrants professional intervention.
- Make sure your flue is operating properly. Test your flue mechanism and verify that it opens and closes without issue.
Need a Repair?
Do you think that you might need a repair, or any other service that we offer? Get in touch with TOR Chimney as soon as possible to get your job done! Set up the date and times that would be best for your consultation, and we’ll meet with you to talk about your home and needs. For a breakdown of the repair services that we offer here at TOR, please visit our repairs page.
Answers from Lansdale PA Chimney Sweep
TOR Chimney and Fireplace is a family business located in the Lansdale PA area. We specialize in a variety of chimney-related tasks, including everything from inspections and cleanings to repairs and installations. We are the trusted Lansdale PA chimney sweep, and we take pride in the homes and businesses of the Lansdale area.
Chimney sweeping is an old profession, and although our company certainly offers a modern take, some of the practices within our business remain mysterious to many people, even when it comes to the more routine jobs like inspections and cleanings. In this blog, we’ll explain what really happens during inspections and cleanings.
Chimney Inspections and Cleanings
A chimney inspection is simple, and it’s exactly what it sounds like. A typical chimney inspection requires no more than a trained professional eye. In an inspection, a chimney technician will examine accessible areas of a chimney for obvious damages or visible problems. Inspections can be more serious if a danger is suspected. In these cases, a video inspection system is used, or in some extreme scenarios, parts of the chimney must be removed to inspect areas of concern. For more details on inspections, please see our inspection service page.
Chimney cleanings are simple if they are carried out professionally. In a cleaning, a chimney technician will use simple tools like brooms, vacuums and cloths to sanitize a fireplace and chimney. In some more serious cases, we will use motorized systems to scrape baked chemicals from the chimney lining. But as long as cleanings are happening regularly and carefully, dangerous chemical buildup shouldn’t become an issue. For more info on our chimney sweeping, please visit our chimney cleaning service page.
Need an Inspection or Cleaning?
If you’re in need of an inspection or cleaning, get in touch with TOR Chimney today. Set up a consultation with us where we can assess your individual needs and provide you with a quote for the things you want done. There’s no time like the present to maintain the safety of your home, so please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’ll have your back!
Chimney Sweep Yardley PA
We are TOR Chimney & Fireplace, a family business and the chimney sweep Yardley PA trusts. Our specialists are skilled in all aspects of chimney and fireplace upkeep. We provide high quality inspections, cleaning, repairs and installations at competitive prices. Our community is important to us, and we take pride in the homes and business of the Yardley area. Making and maintaining beautiful fireplaces is our stock and trade.
Inspections are an important part of the chimney and fireplace lifecycle. They are a natural part of every job, but they can differ significantly from situation to situation.
There are three basic degrees of chimney inspections. These are referred to as levels 1, 2 & 3. These levels of inspection become more and more extreme to accompany the level of the issue or threat at hand. Here is a breakdown of the 3 different levels of inspection.
- Level 1: This level of inspection is conducted when a chimney is operating normally. It is a routine, top-level inspection. The technician will inspect accessible areas of the interior and exterior of the chimney.
- Level 2: These inspections are required when there are changes made to the heating system. They are more in depth, and will examine accessible areas in attics, crawlspaces and other difficult-to-reach areas. Video inspections will also be conducted using specialty tools.
- Level 3: These inspections take place in the direst situations when hazardous chemicals are suspected in the heating system. Level 3 inspections involve the removal of interior and exterior elements in order to access certain parts of the chimney.
To learn more about our inspection levels and practices, please visit our inspections service page.
Get in Touch
If you’re in need of a routine or urgent inspection, please contact us today. Set up a date and time for a consultation, and we can provide you with more specific information. We’d love to open up a conversation with you and prove our excellence.
Chimney Sweep Princeton NJ
We are TOR Chimney & Fireplace, the chimney sweep Princeton NJ residents trust. We fix, inspect, clean, and install chimneys every day throughout the area. In the 16 years since our company started, we have been tirelessly working to develop our relationship with the Princeton NJ community. We love the families and businesses that we service, and we’re always looking to improve the homes and hearths of our town.
It’s important to have a chimney sweep that you can trust. Yearly cleanings, regular inspections, and occasional repairs are par for the course when it comes to chimney upkeep. Ignoring these things can lead to costly problems and hazardous consequences. Chimney fires are a terrifying but easily avoidable issue so long as you keep your home up to code.
Chimney Fire Statistics
Chimney fires are usually a result of creosote buildup in the chute. They light inside the chimney, and can often burn for days before anyone notices. They can cause major damages, pollute air quality, and endanger the safety of your home.
- There are roughly 25,000 chimney fires in America every year.
- These are responsible for over $125,000,000 in property damages.
- Creosote buildup is most common in wood fireplace chimneys.
- Creosote can be easily cleaned by a professional chimney sweep.
Chimney fires can be a threat to your health and home. They can be difficult to detect. The easiest way to prevent chimney fires is to hire a professional to clean your chimney on a regular basis. This will eliminate creosote buildup and keep your chimney safe. Please see our blog post on the importance of chimney cleaning for more information.
Chimney Fire Prevention
If you think that your home may be at risk of creosote, chimney fires, or any other hazards, please don’t hesitate to contact us today. We’d love to set up a time to talk with you about your individual needs. When it comes to the safety of your home, there is no reason to be uncertain. So whether it is a cleaning, repair or inspection, let us have your back. You won’t be disappointed.