We are TOR Chimney, a chimney and fireplace service company based in the Ambler PA area. We are fireplace Ambler PA experts, experienced in chimney and fireplace cleanings, repairs, cosmetic additions, installations and more. TOR Chimney & Fireplace is a family company, devoted to making our community the best that it can be. Our wide range of services has been the cornerstone of our success over the last 16 years, and gives us a more complete scope for the details of every job.
The holiday season is in full swing, and chimneys all over PA are sparking up again. As families come home for the festivities and gather around the fire, it’s good to know that your chimney and fireplace are well-maintained. Cleaning out your ashes regularly is a great idea, but is there anything useful you can do with them instead of throwing them in the trash?
Uses for Fireplace Ashes
The answer is yes! There are several clever everyday uses for fireplace ashes that you might consider this holiday season.
- Melting ice. Ashes melt ice without damaging the soil or pavement underneath.
- Purging skunk smell from fur. Rubbing some ash on your skunky cat or dog can eliminate the odor.
- Enhancing compost. Lace a few ashes into your compost before applying it to soil to increase its effectiveness.
- Hide driveway stains. Scuff ash into your pavement to hide stains of lighter color.
- Clean your fireplace door. Applying ash to your sponge will allow you to easily scrub sooty residue off your glass door.
For more handy fireplace ideas, check out our blog post on how to properly store your firewood.
Fireplace Ambler PA Service
If you have any chimney or fireplace needs this season, remember TOR Chimney. Whether it’s routine maintenance or a specific issue, contact us today to schedule a consultation. We’d love to talk with you in person and identify your needs.
Chimney Repair Lansdale PA Experts
Hi there! We are TOR Chimney, trusted providers of chimney repair Lansdale PA. We are a small family business with a big vision, and we are committed to providing quality service to the homes of our community. TOR Chimney technicians are trained specialists in all areas of chimney and fireplace maintenance. Our expertise includes inspections, cleaning, repairs, installs and more. We’re the premiere chimney professionals in the Lansdale PA area, and loyal friends to our neighbors and patrons.
As the holiday season rolls around and families come home to gather around the fireplace, there’s no better time to think about the safety and maintenance of your chimney. Everyone gets their chimney cleaned once a year, but it’s always a good idea to keep your chimney well-maintained.
Tips for Maintaining Your Chimney
- Burn hot fires. Keeping your fires well stoked while they burn is a good way to reduce creosote & chemical buildup in your chimney. Hot, blazing fires will burn more cleanly and emit fewer chemicals.
- Sweep out your ashes. Sweep out your fireplace frequently to prevent large piles of old ash and dust. This will provide for cleaner fires and an overall better chimney experience.
- Inspect your chimney for obvious faults and damage. Look at your brick lining from the outside to see if any cracks, loose bricks, or discoloring has occurred. Any one of these would be hazardous, and warrants professional intervention.
- Make sure your flue is operating properly. Test your flue mechanism and verify that it opens and closes without issue.
Need a Repair?
Do you think that you might need a repair, or any other service that we offer? Get in touch with TOR Chimney as soon as possible to get your job done! Set up the date and times that would be best for your consultation, and we’ll meet with you to talk about your home and needs. For a breakdown of the repair services that we offer here at TOR, please visit our repairs page.
Answers from Lansdale PA Chimney Sweep
TOR Chimney and Fireplace is a family business located in the Lansdale PA area. We specialize in a variety of chimney-related tasks, including everything from inspections and cleanings to repairs and installations. We are the trusted Lansdale PA chimney sweep, and we take pride in the homes and businesses of the Lansdale area.
Chimney sweeping is an old profession, and although our company certainly offers a modern take, some of the practices within our business remain mysterious to many people, even when it comes to the more routine jobs like inspections and cleanings. In this blog, we’ll explain what really happens during inspections and cleanings.
Chimney Inspections and Cleanings
A chimney inspection is simple, and it’s exactly what it sounds like. A typical chimney inspection requires no more than a trained professional eye. In an inspection, a chimney technician will examine accessible areas of a chimney for obvious damages or visible problems. Inspections can be more serious if a danger is suspected. In these cases, a video inspection system is used, or in some extreme scenarios, parts of the chimney must be removed to inspect areas of concern. For more details on inspections, please see our inspection service page.
Chimney cleanings are simple if they are carried out professionally. In a cleaning, a chimney technician will use simple tools like brooms, vacuums and cloths to sanitize a fireplace and chimney. In some more serious cases, we will use motorized systems to scrape baked chemicals from the chimney lining. But as long as cleanings are happening regularly and carefully, dangerous chemical buildup shouldn’t become an issue. For more info on our chimney sweeping, please visit our chimney cleaning service page.
Need an Inspection or Cleaning?
If you’re in need of an inspection or cleaning, get in touch with TOR Chimney today. Set up a consultation with us where we can assess your individual needs and provide you with a quote for the things you want done. There’s no time like the present to maintain the safety of your home, so please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’ll have your back!
Chimney Sweep Yardley PA
We are TOR Chimney & Fireplace, a family business and the chimney sweep Yardley PA trusts. Our specialists are skilled in all aspects of chimney and fireplace upkeep. We provide high quality inspections, cleaning, repairs and installations at competitive prices. Our community is important to us, and we take pride in the homes and business of the Yardley area. Making and maintaining beautiful fireplaces is our stock and trade.
Inspections are an important part of the chimney and fireplace lifecycle. They are a natural part of every job, but they can differ significantly from situation to situation.
There are three basic degrees of chimney inspections. These are referred to as levels 1, 2 & 3. These levels of inspection become more and more extreme to accompany the level of the issue or threat at hand. Here is a breakdown of the 3 different levels of inspection.
- Level 1: This level of inspection is conducted when a chimney is operating normally. It is a routine, top-level inspection. The technician will inspect accessible areas of the interior and exterior of the chimney.
- Level 2: These inspections are required when there are changes made to the heating system. They are more in depth, and will examine accessible areas in attics, crawlspaces and other difficult-to-reach areas. Video inspections will also be conducted using specialty tools.
- Level 3: These inspections take place in the direst situations when hazardous chemicals are suspected in the heating system. Level 3 inspections involve the removal of interior and exterior elements in order to access certain parts of the chimney.
To learn more about our inspection levels and practices, please visit our inspections service page.
Get in Touch
If you’re in need of a routine or urgent inspection, please contact us today. Set up a date and time for a consultation, and we can provide you with more specific information. We’d love to open up a conversation with you and prove our excellence.
Chimney Sweep Princeton NJ
We are TOR Chimney & Fireplace, the chimney sweep Princeton NJ residents trust. We fix, inspect, clean, and install chimneys every day throughout the area. In the 16 years since our company started, we have been tirelessly working to develop our relationship with the Princeton NJ community. We love the families and businesses that we service, and we’re always looking to improve the homes and hearths of our town.
It’s important to have a chimney sweep that you can trust. Yearly cleanings, regular inspections, and occasional repairs are par for the course when it comes to chimney upkeep. Ignoring these things can lead to costly problems and hazardous consequences. Chimney fires are a terrifying but easily avoidable issue so long as you keep your home up to code.
Chimney Fire Statistics
Chimney fires are usually a result of creosote buildup in the chute. They light inside the chimney, and can often burn for days before anyone notices. They can cause major damages, pollute air quality, and endanger the safety of your home.
- There are roughly 25,000 chimney fires in America every year.
- These are responsible for over $125,000,000 in property damages.
- Creosote buildup is most common in wood fireplace chimneys.
- Creosote can be easily cleaned by a professional chimney sweep.
Chimney fires can be a threat to your health and home. They can be difficult to detect. The easiest way to prevent chimney fires is to hire a professional to clean your chimney on a regular basis. This will eliminate creosote buildup and keep your chimney safe. Please see our blog post on the importance of chimney cleaning for more information.
Chimney Fire Prevention
If you think that your home may be at risk of creosote, chimney fires, or any other hazards, please don’t hesitate to contact us today. We’d love to set up a time to talk with you about your individual needs. When it comes to the safety of your home, there is no reason to be uncertain. So whether it is a cleaning, repair or inspection, let us have your back. You won’t be disappointed.
TOR Chimney & Fireplace
Here at TOR Chimney, we are devoted to customer satisfaction. We pride ourselves on the strong relationships we build with our community. We are a small business operating in the Philadelphia area, and chimneys and fireplaces are our passion. We are experts at every fireplace-related tasks, including inspections, repairs, cleanings, installations and more. We are PA fireplace installation experts, and we believe that every job we take is an opportunity to make our community more beautiful.
We are committed to providing our customers with not only the best products, but the best experiences. Today, we want to bring attention to our commercial fireplace installation services, and explain how a fireplace can improve the atmosphere of your business.
In the Philadelphia area, linear wood and gas fireplaces are becoming more and more popular with customer-facing businesses. Hotels and restaurants are adding a spectacular flair to their spaces with the help of beautiful, modern fireplace options. Here at TOR, we supply only the best, typically installing European Home Fireplaces for our commercial clients. These linear wood and gas fireplaces add a WOW-factor for guests with their sleek design. They are fit to blend in with any interior atmosphere, and make businesses shine by bringing a unique flavor to the space.
We love our commercial clients, and we believe that the businesses of southeastern PA are our partners and friends. To learn more about our installation services, please visit our installations page.
PA Fireplace Installation
Do you own or manage a customer-facing business? Looking into a fireplace installation for your customer-facing experience is a great start to a brighter future. But it’s only the first step! Contact us to set up a consultation today, and we will talk with you personally to assess your business needs.
Chimney Sweep Malvern PA
Fireplaces and chimneys are complex systems that require expert care. But for everything from cleanings to inspections and installations to repairs, there is one chimney sweep Malvern PA trusts. TOR Chimney is a community-focused, family business that has been providing excellent chimney and fireplace service to the area for over 15 years. As we enter into the cool autumn weather, fireplaces are sparking up throughout the suburban streets. It’s a good time of year to review your heating systems, and take account of your firewood and resources.
Today we want to talk about the proper storage and care of firewood. We’ll provide some pointers for keeping your fire wood safe, dry and sanitary throughout the coming months.
4 Tips for Storing Your Firewood
- Find a place not on soft soil. By keeping your firewood off of soft soil, you reduce the chances that it will absorb rain, mud and other dampness. This will help to maintain the integrity of your firewood, especially over long periods of time.
- Cover your firewood. Unless you have an indoor storage location, you will need to find a basic covering for your firewood to protect it from the elements. A sturdy tarp will do. Make sure that this is fastened to stay in place through heavy weather conditions.
- Stack your firewood efficiently. Make sure that your firewood is stacked in an efficient way to maximize storage space.
- Find a place close to your home. Keep your firewood within very short walking distance so that it can be easily retrieved in poor weather conditions. The last thing you want is to have to hike through acres of snow for a couple logs.
Make sure that you get the most out of your firewood. To read about the most efficient firewood heating systems available, check out our page on wood fire inserts.
Do you have any chimney or fireplace work that needs doing? Get in touch with us today to schedule a consultation. We’d love to talk about your home and fireplace needs.
We are TOR Chimney, a trusted provider of gas fireplace inserts NJ. We are an all-purpose provider of all fireplace- and chimney-related services, including cleaning, repairs, installations, and more. We are a family business with over 15 years of experience under our belt, and we’re a one-stop-shop for all your chimney-related needs. Serving our community is our #1 priority, and when we take on a job, we are committed to your satisfaction.
Summer is coming to an end, and that magical time of year is coming back around. Families will huddle around their fireplaces again, sharing stories, happiness, and laughter. Here at TOR Chimney, we consider this a wonderful and cherished experience. To us, the fireplace is a sacred staple in the home. And with the cold months coming just around the corner, it’s time to reevaluate the heating systems in your home.
Why Should You Upgrade to a Gas Fireplace Insert?
With the cold months coming soon, it is the best possible time to consider upgrading to a gas fireplace insert. We are passionate about gas fireplaces, and we believe that they are superior to traditional fireplaces for several reasons. These include:
- Efficiency: Gas fireplaces provide much more heat to your home, much quicker than wood-burning fireplaces.
- Safety: Gas fireplaces do not emit dangerous or flammable chemicals into your chimney or home, as traditional fireplaces often do.
- Convenience: No more chopping logs or buying firewood! Flick your fireplace on or off with one simple switch.
- Environment: Gas burning fireplaces are much better for the environment – in terms of both fuel consumption and pollution concerns.
Read more about the benefits of these systems in our service page on gas fireplace inserts.
Looking For Gas Fireplace Inserts NJ?
Don’t hesitate! Contact TOR Chimney today to request a consultation and hear more about our gas insert installations. We would love to talk with you about the particular needs of your home, and give you a detailed estimate for any job you want us to take on.
Trusted Providers of NJ Wood Stove Inserts
For the last 16 years, we at TOR Chimney have established ourselves as the premiere chimney service providers in our community. A local, family business, we specialize in all chimney and fireplace related jobs. Among other achievements, we have become the trusted providers of NJ wood stove inserts. We believe that wood and gas fireplace inserts make great additions to any homes. We always strive to help our community in the most impactful ways we can, and right now that means providing information on one of our favorite service installations: wood stove inserts!
3 Reasons We Love Wood Stove Inserts
Here are 3 of the key benefits that wood stove inserts provide over their competition.
- More efficient: wood stove inserts burn more efficiently than traditional fireplaces. Traditional models typically vent a lot of heat up through the chimney. This is heat that is lost to the interior of your home. Wood stove inserts distribute more of the heat directly into your home.
- Safer, and eco-friendlier: wood stove inserts release less harmful emissions and pollution than traditional wood burning fireplaces. This keeps your home safe, and the environment healthy.
- Maintain the wood aesthetic: we get it. Gas fireplaces aren’t an option for some people, because they just don’t capture that homey, wood-burning ambiance. Well luckily, this is one leg up that wood-stove inserts have on gas inserts. They are fed and burn real wood logs, for a real wood experience.
Visit our service page on wood stove inserts to learn why more and more people are making the switch.
Get Your Wood Stove Insert
There’s no time like the present to improve your home. Whether it’s about having a more efficient heating unit, a safer chemical ecosystem, or returning to a traditional wood-burning aesthetic, wood stove inserts can provide a benefit to any home. Contact us now to set up a consultation. When it comes to installations, repairs, inspections, cleanings, or any other chimney-related jobs, TOR Chimney has your back.
We are TOR Chimney & Fireplace, a team of the best masons and fireplace technicians in the NJ area. We are the number one provider of gas fireplace inserts NJ. Our wide range of specialties includes all kinds of chimney and fireplace maintenance. We are well equipped to assist you in any step of the chimney and fireplace life cycle. It is our philosophy at TOR Chimney that the fireplace plays an essential role in the modern home. We are passionate about our projects and installations. The relationships we build with our customers are made to last, just like our installations and masonry.
Here’s why you should choose TOR Chimney to install your gas fireplace and enjoy a cozier home.
Why You Should Install a Gas Fireplace
Here are some of the reasons we believe it’s worth it to install a gas fireplace in your home.
- Gas insert installations are time and cost efficient
- Gas fireplaces burn safer than wood
- Maintenance of gas fireplaces is easier and cheaper
- Gas inserts can imitate the classic “look” of wood-burning fireplaces
- On/off switch provides convenience and eliminates wood/log-related chores
There are many reasons to love gas fireplaces. Getting a gas insert installed in an existing fireplace, whether it is functional or not, is always a viable option. Please see our blog post on wood-burning vs gas fireplaces for more information on the benefits of gas.
Looking for Gas Fireplace Inserts NJ?
Choosing a type of fireplace for your home is a big decision. The fireplace you select will set the tone and ambiance of your space for years to come. If you have made decision on an install, or need help deciding, contact us for a consultation. We would love to make you one of our valued customers. We are prepared to install whatever fireplace or insert you desire, and advise you on what type would be best suited to your preferences.